Just remember you are doing great

Stuffing Christmas card envelopes, cooking dinner, making sure the dance bags were ready, facilitating homework, washing dishes, folding laundry, signing forms, doing some writing work, and getting the licence plates on my car changed as they disintegrated. That was the afternoon agenda yesterday.

The treadmill under my life was moving full force and I was running around the house like a wild woman.

After dropping my oldest at his activity, I returned home to find a note from my 9-year-old daughter on my computer.  It read, "To Siobhan.  Just remember you are doing great!"

Almost brought me to tears.  So many times we are beyond busy trying to tick off our to-do list and we miss the ta-da moments.  We aren't necessarily looking for thanks or validation, but when it comes, it is enough to break us.

She noticed my frenzy and she reminded me that I'm enough just the way I am.

Out of the mouths of babes.

Gratitude for the busyness is paramount.  We have dishes because we had a meal.  Laundry because we have clothes.  Homework because our kids are learning.  It seems so simple, but being grateful for the half full glass changes everything.

Melody Beattie once said, "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."

What can we be grateful for today?  And who can we write a little note for?  To tell them they are doing great?  It will make someone's day and remind you both that you're more than enough.